Chris Tomlin, "Kindness"
In this age of COVID19, many of us have become a short-tempered, depressed, snappy people. Because of social, economic and political movements at play, We see our nation divided as it has never been before, so much so that some wonder if we are turning a corner, going down a dark road it will be hard to return from. Hearts are hardening. Harsh judgments are forming. Cracks are widening. Attitudes are sharpening.
It is not too late to turn things around. We always have the power to do this. Learning to be kind, acting generously, friendly and considerate, puts our faith into action. Kindness grows out of an attitude of gratitude that we cultivate in our time of prayer and devotion. We become kind as we seek to imitate God. Our God, who cares for all people, righteous and unrighteous alike, teaches us to have sympathy for all living beings. As a fruit of the spirit, kindness grows when our lives are rooted in God and actively seeks the well being of all around us. Kindness is not just being nice, it is seeking the best for others, even those we may not care for. Kindness is concerned about the feelings and perspective of others. We may not agree with each other's views, but we can act with regard for others, as God does.
There's a very good chance our circumstances will become more tense and problematic. Let us ask God to plant in our hearts the seeds of kindness, so during the times we face, we may be light bearers, peace makers, kind-hearted bringing a space of healing in the difficult situations we face.
He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8
TIPS TO CULTIVATE AND DEVELOP AN ATTITUDE OF KINDNESS
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. & while you walk, SMILE.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
3. When you wake up in the morning, Pray to ask God’s
guidance for your purpose, today.
.4, Read scriptures and devotional material every day.
5. Pray, especially for those who bother you the most.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day
7 Guard against negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
9. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Forgive
11. Don’t take yourself so seriously.
12. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree
13. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present
14. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what
their journey is all about -- let alone the full perspective of yours.
15. No one is in charge of your kindness except you. Seek to share kindness every day.
16. Help someone you may not ordinarily help. Offer a compliment to someone you might ordinarily avoid.
17. Help the needy, Be generous ! Be a ‘Giver’ not a ‘Taker’
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your
friends will. Stay in touch.
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need
23. Each night before you go to bed remember that you are too blessed to be stressed